Friday, June 12, 2009

First Fitting

A couple of days ago I had my first dress fitting with Adelaide designer Liza Emanuel. I would LOVE to show you the sketch of the dress but I cant risk Jarrod seeing it. But what I can do is show you a picture of the detailing that will be going just under the bust and the a picture of a dress that has helped inspire it (the sleeves and neckline). The dress was mainly inspired though by a dress my mum once wore when she went to a ball with my dad. She looked stunning in it and after she passed away I found the dress and tried it on and knew that I wanted my wedding dress to be based around it. I would have worn that exact dress however, it is black, so I brought it to Liza and she came up with a few sketches inspired by the dress.

(Not sure where the dress image is from anymore so if you know please tell me. The middle detailing is what i'm having on my dress and the little one under it is going on the flower girl's)

4 comments:

  1. that is gorgeous! i love that, and i love leo patrone's work as well! i wish i could have him do my photog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. any ideas who made the dress the girl on the left is wearing?

    ReplyDelete