Saturday, June 13, 2009

Bridesmaid Dresses

I really have NO idea what sort of style, colour, anything I would like for my bridesmaids. All I know is I would like them to be short. And although everyone keeps telling me I should probably stick to a colour (I like the idea of a muted watermelon/coral), I cant help but keep coming back to white or neutral colour dresses.

I am pretty picky about the bridesmaids dresses linking in some way with my dress because the way I see it, if all the men in the bridal party are going to wear the same thing then I think the bridesmaids should compliment the brides dress so it all looks balanced (I feel the same way about flowers too). Anyway here are two images that I am loving for bridesmaids at the moment...

(photography by SugarLove Weddings found via Bespoke Press)

I love the way that these dresses are all around the same colour and all different styles to suit their shape and style and the colour fits in so nicely with the Bride's dress.

(dress via anthropologie)

This dress is gorgeous. I would rather like one for myself really, but I am a bit hesitant about buying clothes online when I am not sure what size I would be. But a dress like this would be almost perfect for a bridesmaid dress. I think it has a nice summery vintage feel with the lace around the collar.

I also Love these dresses from Sarah Seven.

11 comments:

  1. that first picture is gorgeous! :) Love the muted tones. what a romantic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the lace dresses in the first image - any idea where to get them from? I am desperate for something very similar, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bridesmaids dresses are from http://www.roseandruby.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I actually tried the Anthropologie dress on today. You definitely should try it on, though. I thought it was really cute too but then it didn't fit right. =(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect summer time bridesmaid dresses!! Those are looking cool and comfortable!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the neutral dresses. At the moment I'm deciding between vintage dresses in different shades of coral for my girls, or each of them in one of the different colours of the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Th dresses in the first photo were from Rose & Ruby here in Australia http://roseandruby.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Make sure that you choose the best Bridesmaid Dresses. Check out the beautiful collections.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bridesmaid dresses are beautiful. Love that you choose creamy dresses that go perfectly with a white wedding dress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is a huge advantage if you can find a store overseas that offers wholesale prices so that you will be able to make a good profit when you sell the dresses to your customers. stoned emoji

    ReplyDelete