Sunday, March 15, 2009

Save The Dates!

They are finally finished and some have already been handed out, so i figured it was just safe enough to show you all the final product. I am so happy with the way they have turned out and making them myself was so much cheaper than getting them done and printed somewhere else.
I cant wait for the actual invites! (although we'll probably get the cards letter pressed).


The theme for our wedding is (of course) a summer picnic - so the save the dates (and probably the invitations also) have been done up like a little package. There is the card with the details, then the photo which is a save the date magnet and then (because i don't have access to amazing calligraphy) I printed out all the names and slotted them in as their own little piece.

Hopefully people will like them and i can start making and/or designing some for other brides. (this is ultimately what i want to do btw...im planning to start up a wedding/event design business over the next few years, i've been thinking about it long before i got engaged and i think its definitely the path i want to take..so keep an ear out for me!)

9 comments:

  1. Wow! They are so awesome! I can't get over how sweet and personal they are! It must have taken you forever to do them yourself. I love them. Things like these make me wish I could go back in time and do my wedding all over again. Great Job!
    I can't wait to see what you do when you start your new business!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! they didn't take much time at all, just spare time. I got a lot of practice making things quickly to deadlines during my studies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Gabrielle - these are to die for! Do you mind if I post them on my blog? (of course linking back to you etc) - just stunning, and if this is any indication of what you could put together if you ran and events business, look out! stunning blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I just popped over from Brown Button and love your blog and your cards. I agree with Kimberlee - you have a business in the making!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look truly amazing...good luck and cheers!!

    Julie
    SHELTER

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so in love with these. Do you mind saying how you made the magnets? What particular program did you use? What materials did you need to make them?

    Thanks!
    kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!!! These are sooo CUTE! How did you do this?

    ReplyDelete