Sunday, September 20, 2009

Today I did something great!

I'm just jumping for joy!
Most people enjoy their Sunday morning sleep in's and believe me no one enjoys them more than I do! But today I decided to get out of bed at 6.30 with Jarrod, and headed to the City to take part in the City to Bay fun run which is a 12km run/walk to raise money for the charity of your choice. Now unfortunately, joining in the race was a last minute decision so I didn't get to raise any funds, but next year I will definitely be raising money towards Mental Health Charities. Anyway the point of this post is that I have a big chip on my shoulder today! I am a very anti exercise sort of gal (unless I'm playing team sport, which I don't find any time for anyway), I don't know what it is but I just find exercise so boring! But last weekend I for some reason, out of nowhere decided to go for a run/walk along the beach and ended up going 8km! It felt so good to achieve something that I never thought I could do, and today, in the fun run I did it again! I was so nervous that I would get so exhausted and not be able to finish the race, but i did it and I did it in an hour and 40 minutes! Woo go me! I guess the point is, I am finally starting to realise (after only 23 years) that if you put your mind to it and challenge yourself, you can really achieve anything. x

photo by Our Labor of Love

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Congratulations and good luck next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gabrielle,

    I came across your blog and thought your readers might be interest in hearing about Whiteport.

    Whiteport is an online homewares store offering lifestyle accessories themed around a stylish white palette. This month, we're excited to launch our new online wedding registry. Boasting elegance and simplicity, Whiteport's extensive all-white product range lends itself perfectly to weddings. Whether newlyweds are setting up home together for the first time or adding to an existing collection, Whiteport offers inspiring gift suggestions to suit every taste and budget.

    Product and lifestyle images available upon request.

    Regards,
    Jennifer
    www.whiteport.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! I'm completely impressed! I did the 6km and thought that was an achievement and a half! I didn't stop to walk though, so that was my big win - no matter how long it took me!

    Did get burnt on the walk back to the car though - racer back singlet cross with a sports bra tan does not make for a good look only five weeks out from your brother's wedding (and a Carla Zampatti frock!)

    ReplyDelete